January 20, 2014

A Family Visit

On the 20th of December, five weary travelers arrived in Nicaragua.  I am sure that there were others who arrived, but these five visitors were of significant importance to Cassie and I. Tim, Suzy, Justin, Kate and Shawna were finally here!  Our time together was great, with lots of plans made to experience and learn about Nicaragua, but also time to spend as a family, catching up and reconnecting.

DSCN0510

Our time was filled with good conversation, times at the beach, in a canyon (that Nicaraguans refer to as the Grand Canyon of Nicaragua), hiking through the forest of a coffee farm, and spending time with the children of our neighborhood. We also toured through colonial towns and city streets.

CIMG2673

This year Tim celebrated his 60th year of life.  In order to celebrate in significant style, Tim was gifted three hours of deep sea fishing.  I would like to clarify that when I came up with this idea, I had no clue that Tim is susceptible to sea sickness. Thus, Tim lasted about an hour on the boat. But we did catch amazing amounts of fish and feasted on our catch for lunch. I think generally the whole lot could go without fishing, so after we dropped Tim at shore we went snorkeling.  Happy Birthday Tim!

DSCN0635 DSCN0660DSCN0665

I was keeping track of the number of hearts games that we played and who won each one, until I realized that I was loosing too many of those to want to keep track anymore.  In the past two years Cassie and Kate’s game has improved remarkably to the point that Justin and I are beginning to loose on a regular basis.

photo 120

We also received the gift of welcoming Shawna's friend (as Suzy would say) into our home. Tommy arrived on the 26th and we enjoyed the time that we could spend getting to know this young man. It was a pleasure and a joy and we look forward to possible times spent together in the future.

DSCN0530

I think that I could turn this post into an hour read, so instead I am going to leave you with a few more photos!  Enjoy!

DSCN0523 DSCN0516DSC_0178

 DSCN0549DSCN0571

No comments: