June 9, 2014

Some Projects as of Lately

We have been utilizing our creative side lately and wanted to share some of our recent projects with you.  In all of our projects, our desire is that we keep in mind the ways in which we use our resources.  A couple of years ago, we wrote more about this here.

We put together a bed out of wooden pallets for one of our future kiddos.  It was a fun and easy project, and in the end we made a unique bed for ten dollars. Yes, I realize the irony of this photo – sandals, skirt, no protective eye ware and a power saw.  Safety first Dad!

DSC_0037 (2) DSC_0040 (2)

We are hoping to utilize a previous closet for a play and reading room.  It is small, but cozy.  We saw this shelf idea at a hostel.  It is made out of cinder blocks and wood slats and was quite easy to assemble.  We also made the picture holder that is hanging above by taking a piece of 2x4 wood, painting it and then attaching fishing line and clothespins.  We really like how both of these pieces turned out.

 DSC_0036 (2) DSC_0026 (2)DSC_0027 

Kevin and I have also worked on a simple bathroom remodel at the MCC Office.  We were given a $150 budget to freshen things up.  We tried to embrace the pink salmon tile, and went for a grey and white toned bathroom.  It is definitely brighter and feels much cleaner.

 1939652_10203519443056895_1783234160_n 1958557_10203519446496981_59293163_n


DSC_0003 (2) DSC_0012DSC_0020 (2) DSC_0053 (2) DSC_0029 DSC_0033 (2)


I apologize for the poor quality of these photos, but I had to show you all how sweet our of neighbor boys were the other night.  They were wanting to play with the two of us, but we were working on sanding down 2x4’s to make some picture frames.  Thus we invited them in to help us sand and all enjoyed a great time together!

photo 17 photo 12

This is one of the frames that our neighbor kids helped us to make.

DSC_0003 (2) DSC_0014 

Before                                                                After

Due to the earthquakes, we did some rearranging in our bedroom in hopes of placing our bed in a safer place.  After the move, we were looking for a way to fill out a large wall in our bedroom.  A few 2x4’s, dark stain and angle brackets did the trick.  We now have three lovely shelves.

DSC_0010 DSC_0012

To finish off our projects, here are a couple of shots from an engagement session that I did.  I am definitely not a photographer and just learning my camera.  But we had a fun afternoon at Catarina taking these photos.

DSC_0126 DSC_0077 (2)

Thanks for reading!


Jennifer Jo said...

That bathroom is a HUGE improvement. Even though I am no longer using it...THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

Wow, fabulous changes you have made. Thanks for sharing.

Heather Buys said...

Love all your projects and that bathroom is gorgeous!

The Yarbrough's said...

Stopping by from Kelly's Korner link-up. :)' Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend.