This soup has been a favorite of ours for the last few weeks. It is has a lovely combination of flavors and is especially refreshing on a hot day. Although I wish I didn’t, I (Cassie) have always had a hard time with cucumbers. But this soup does a great job at “covering them up.”
Chilled Cucumber and Avocado Soup
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and cut into rough slices
- 2 avocados, halved, pitted, and flesh scooped out
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 to 1/2teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 cup mango, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup tomato, 1/2 inch dice
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, loosely packed and finely chopped
- 1tablespoon lime juice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Blend all soup ingredients together in a blender till smooth, adding enough water to achieve a perfectly creamy texture.
- Toss the salsa ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Transfer soup to four serving bowls. Top each with a half cup of the mango salsa, and serve.
This recipe was originally found here. We made a few adjustments based on the vegetables that we have access to here.
All of the vegetables required for this soup are currently in season. So we plan to eat a lot more of it in the next couple of months.