July 21, 2015

Homemade Brownies with a Hint of Coconut

Since Kevin shared his favorite brownie recipe with you last week, I (Cassie) thought I would also share my current favorite recipe.  For awhile, I was making boxed brownies as I found that it was often more expensive to make them from scratch and I never loved how they turned out.  This all changed a couple of months ago, when I came across this recipe.  Since then, I have been making a few adjustments and perfecting my recipe.  Now we absolutely love these delicious and flavorful brownies.  Enjoy!

DSC_0007

Directions:

1. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. In your first bowl, mix the following:

  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 1 cup of flour
  • 2/3 cup of cocoa
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder

3. In your second bowl, mix the following:

  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup of coconut oil (I purchase my coconut oil in Laguna de Perlas, Nicaragua)
  • 3 teaspoons of vanilla

4. Combine the two bowls.  Mix with a fork until blended.  Do not overmix.

5. Grease your 9x13 pan with coconut oil and pour in your batter.

6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.

7. Enjoy!  Share them with your family and neighbors.  Try not to eat the pan at one seating.

DSC_0004

1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by consuming coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from big medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!