Since Kevin shared his favorite brownie recipe with you last week, I (Cassie) thought I would also share my current favorite recipe. For awhile, I was making boxed brownies as I found that it was often more expensive to make them from scratch and I never loved how they turned out. This all changed a couple of months ago, when I came across this recipe. Since then, I have been making a few adjustments and perfecting my recipe. Now we absolutely love these delicious and flavorful brownies. Enjoy!
1. Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In your first bowl, mix the following:
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of flour
- 2/3 cup of cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
3. In your second bowl, mix the following:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of coconut oil (I purchase my coconut oil in Laguna de Perlas, Nicaragua)
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla
4. Combine the two bowls. Mix with a fork until blended. Do not overmix.
5. Grease your 9x13 pan with coconut oil and pour in your batter.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
7. Enjoy! Share them with your family and neighbors. Try not to eat the pan at one seating.