January 31, 2012

My Thanks

It is now the end of January and that means that I have written down 93 things that I am grateful for. Remember this post which included my New Year’s Resolution of documenting the things that I am grateful for? Well it has gone well so far, I have learned much and I intend to continue this practice for the next eleven months.

The majority of days this month were filled with much joy. However, there were a couple days that were a bit more difficult and it helped to reflect and look around at what is actually good.

I thought I would share a few things with you that were on my list this month: comfy bus seats, joy filled babies, hammocks, care packages filled with lovely treats, the progress made in language learning, the ability to exercise, great e-mails, learning patience, that my needs and wants are met, sleeping in, seventy years of beauty, safe ferris wheels, forgiveness, beautiful people, plans that actually work out, playing softball with the boys, seeing four countries in one day, forever families for children, mint/coffee ice-cream, antiretrovirals, restoration on earth, ethnic food, aging folks, a cuddly husband, completing a great book, beautiful ultrasound pictures, a God who cares, kids eager to play, access to water, lifelong friends, Skype calls, kids who love to play, a good walk and patient Spanish teachers.

DSCN4849 DSCN4715

2 comments:

r.c.f. said...

Glad to hear you guys have much to be thankful for. I hope all is continuing well. We think of you often. Thanks for the updates!

Deb said...

awwww! love it. I just wrote a gratitude list today Cassie. It's under notes on my FB page. Really enjoyed your pictures on this post! Do you know the plant species off hand?