December 1, 2013

Grateful

We hope that each of you are enjoying a restful Sunday after Thanksgiving.  We are enjoying an afternoon at home, lying on our couch, watching some football while burning a pumpkin candle and eating pumpkin pudding.  Because a big part of our time in Nicaragua has centered around gratefulness, we thought we would each share a few things that we are thankful for.

DSC_0013 

Cassie is grateful for: new blossoms on our plants, generous friends, the smell of pine, an afternoon at the pool, busy but fruitful work days, a good workout, candles burning, facetime and skype, coloring with the neighbor kids, an addictive book, trying out a new recipe, my lovely nieces and nephew, chatting with a girlfriend over tea, safe travels, an upcoming Christmas visit from my family, scrambled eggs made well

DSC_0014 

Kevin is grateful for: engaged students, warm weather, peanut butter, the possibility of growing our family, a comfortable home, a thoughtful and loving wife, dark chocolate with a cup of hot, strong coffee, caring neighbors, having all of our needs met, good books, dedicated friends, a wonderful work community, seedlings growing in our garden, new and comfortable furniture, public transportation, shade trees, our kitty Brisa

DSC_0070 

If you are interested, take a look at my New Year’s Resolution back in 2012.  For a year, I wrote out three things that I was grateful for.  I posted more about it here and here .  It really changed the way that I view the world and I often find myself listing off these things throughout my days.

DSC_0021 DSC_0026 DSC_0016

We continued with our MCC Thanksgiving Piñata tradition.  Isn’t he darling?  Unfortunately he didn’t look this way at the end of the night.

photo

No comments: