June 20, 2016

Take Me Out To The Ballgame

I (Kevin) have written about various baseball games we have went to here in Nicaragua. Not only have we been able to visit various venues, but have also seen some pretty good baseball as well. We have seen games back dropped by the Segovia mountains, in the sweltering heat of Managua and international matches between Nicaragua and Cuba. We have seen managers get thrown out of games and then refuse to leave the dugout, and we have seen fights break out amongst players and amongst fans. We have seen seen some really sloppy baseball and some great talent that have now left for the big leagues in the states.

During our most recent outing Cassie leaned over to me and asked if I was going to write another blog about the game, I slowly moved my arm around my girl and asked what more we could possibly say about baseball in Nicaragua. But of course this was our first game with Estela, her first real sporting event in which she decided to cheer for the visiting team (I think she liked their red uniforms), ate handfuls of sunflower seeds at a time and in the end played “kitchen” with a little girl named Angie she met from Rivas.

I think Cassie and I watched more of what Estela was doing then we did the game. I actually spent the 6th and 7th innings making and then eating imaginable tortillas with Estela and Angie. I am not sure who won the game or if it was even close, but I think that this afternoon may have provided us with some of the best memories of all the games we have seen in Nicaragua so far. Here are some highlights from the game!

DSC_0155 (14)DSC_0155 (4) bwDSC_0155 (10)DSC_0155 (7) bwDSC_0155 (11)DSC_0155 (21) bwDSC_0155 (9)DSC_0155 (26)DSC_0155 (12)

For it’s one, two, three strikes your out at the old ball game.

No comments: