September 28, 2011

Another Farewell

I apologize if it seems like this blog has been all about the farewells.  I don’t want you to think of this as a disheartening blog, but I guess this is the part of the process that we are in right now.  In these past couple of weeks, I have been saying goodbye to my employment.  I have worked in the Child Welfare field for five years and have loved every minute of it.  Despite it being both demanding and challenging, I have enjoyed the relationships that I have been able to build with youth and families.  It has been incredible to walk alongside children and adolescents who have experienced layers of significant trauma and see glimpses of growth.  I find it amazing each day that I can be used as a helper in their journeys!  In these five years, I have been blessed to work alongside some of the best professionals that are doing this tender, compassionate and important work.  I fully credit my professional development and growth to these mentors, supervisors and co-workers. 

In this time of learning, I have become increasingly passionate in being a part of finding “forever families” for youth in need.  It is my belief that all kids deserve a safe, loving and permanent family.  Moving to Nicaragua and leaving the Child Welfare field in the United States has been saddening to me.  However I find hope in a couple of things; that I will be able to use my passions and gifting’s with youth and families in Nicaragua and that someday I can return to the field of Child Welfare both professionally and personally.  Kevin and I hope to build our family through foster care and adoption, because every child deserves a family. 

Please click on the link below and take time to view this short video – it captures all of what I want to say in a few short minutes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love you girl! So very proud of you! the EACH vid is great. you might like this one, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIvmE4_KMNw

xoxo,
Mandz