October 24, 2011

aMiGoS

I know that I have said it before, but we have REALLY GREAT friends.  Friends from all walks off life – childhood, high school, boarding school, college, grad school, employment, church and everything in between.

DSCN3471   DSCN3514

It has always been important for me to journey with people and be in relationship with people from all walks of life.  While I am really looking forward to making wonderful friends in Nicaragua, I am grieving the loss (or the change that is inevitable) with my friends here.

DSCN3603   DSCN3465

I know that my friendships can be maintained and I HOPE that they will grow, but I also acknowledge that they will alter.  Everyone has told me that “not much will change in three years” and while I hold onto that, I know some things will. 

DSCN3570   DSCN3597

I have come to understand that friendships go through different seasons, but I still have difficulty accepting this.   

DSCN3511   DSCN3599

Amigos out there, you know who you are.  Know that you are loved and play an important role in my life.  I look forward to seeing where God brings you, thank-you for allowing me to be a part of your journey.  I am who I am because of you!  And remember, there will be a quaint little home in Managua looking forward to a knock on the door!

  DSCN3629   DSCN3632

**These pictures are from the last couple of weeks.  I should have been more diligent about photographing all of our coffee dates, happy hours, walks, dinners etc., but here are a few.

No comments: